Parent Support Advisor
Parent Support Advisor (PSA)
Working with parents to find appropriate solutions to ensure a safe and happy environment where children thrive and learn.
Who is our Parent Support Advisor?
Sarah de Marcos is our Parent Support Adviser. She works for Bohunt cluster schools for years and is a parent herself. She is here to support your child to get the very best from school by providing guidance and a listening ear. Sarah will be able to help you with any worries you may have about your child, and provide advice.
What does our Parent Support Advisor do?
Sarah helps support parents and carers in their demanding role. She does this by:
• working with parents and carers to try to help with issues around their children’s wellbeing in school
• helping parents and carers with other parenting issues
• working with parents and carers to try to make sure that children are getting the most out of school and are safe and happy.
You may feel that you just want to have a relaxed chat over a cup of coffee with someone that understands the pressures on Parents and Carers today.
How does our Parent Support Advisor do this?
• offering one to one support
• listening to parents/carers and giving confidential support and guidance
• providing information about other relevant services
• helping parents with any attendance issues
• facilitating relevant workshops
Why might you need to use our Parent Support Advisor?
My child is having difficulties settling into school…My child is anxious about school…My child’s behaviour is getting out of hand…I have got lots of questions about being a parent…I am worried about my child moving school…I just need someone I can talk to…I’m really worried about my son/daughter’s self-esteem…I would like to know who else I can talk to about my situation….
How do I contact the Parent Support Advisor?
Sarah de Marcos can be contacted through your child's school and asking for a referral or by making direct contact with Sarah via email: firstname.lastname@example.org